Yes, there is an jailbreak solution for iOS 10.2 and it’s called Yalu102. As you can guess from the name, it is developed by the same hackers Luca Todesco (@qwertyoruiop) and Mario Grassi . They are the ones who released the first Yalu version that worked on iOS 1.1.1.
At the moment we are talking about an iOS 10.2 jailbreak solution which is incomplete. I highlighted incomplete because even if the jailbreak solution works it can cause small problems and also not all the Cydia tweaks are compatible with Yalu102. It’s no wonder, considering that it is still a beta version.
After several beta versions, Yalu102 jailbreak works on any iPhone, iPad or iPod-Touch that comes with 64-bit chip except iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Basically all the devices released after the iPhone 5S and running iOS 10.2.
According to Todesco, the latest beta version (which has now reached 7) is stable enough to be used by everyone, although Yalu102 will continue to be updated.
An interesting thing is that they have published the source code for Yalu102 jailbreak. Basically, anyone can have access to the “foundation” for future jailbreak solution for iOS 10.2 or who knows maybe iOS 10.3.
Yalu102 can bring jailbreak for Apple TV 4 – find out more.
How to Use Yalu to Jailbreak iOS 10.2
If you re eager to jailbreak your device running iOS 10.2 then carefully follow the steps below. As I mentioned Yalu102 does not support iOS 10.2.1 and not working on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Before starting, I recommend you make a full backup using iTunes or iCloud, if the procedure fails you will lose all the data from your device. So do not skip this step.
- Download the Cydia Impactor app on your computer from here;
- Also, download Yalu102 from here;
- Unzip Cydia Impactor and open it. It is important not to open with “Run as administrator” option;
- Now connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to computer using a USB cable. iTunes is required to be pre-installed on your computer;
- Disable Find My iPhone and safety code, along with Touch ID;
- Cydia Impactor should now recognize your device. If it is not recognized, select it using the slider;
- Now go to the folder where you downloaded the Yalu102 jailbreak;
- Drag and drop the mach_portal + yalu.ipa file over the Cydia Impactor window;
- First enter your Apple ID, that email address used to make Apple ID;
- Now enter the Apple ID password and wait for the installation to take place. If Cydia Impactor displays various errors, restart the entire procedure;
- On your device go to Settings > General > Device Management/Profile and select the field that mentions your Apple ID;
- Press Trust, then you can open Yalu app;
- After a few seconds the screen will be blue, the device will restart and Cydia app will show up on the Home screen;
That’s it! Now your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 10.2 is jailbroken.
Since this is a semi-untethered jailbreak, just like the previous Yalu version, you will have to run Yalu102 app after every reboot to use Cydia.