Team Electra has released a new and free jailbreak tool called Chimera, compatible with all iPhone’s and iPad’s running iOS 12.0 to iOS 12.1.2. Not long ago the same iOS hacking team released Electra jailbreak for iOS 11. Chimera jailbreak is presented as stable with no impact on autonomy, no blocking and no crash.
The newly released 1.0.2 update corrects the problem that made Chimera crash. You can now use the jailbreak normally!
The particularity of Chimera is that it allows you to install and use tweaks on Apple devices with the A12 processor, like iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5 and the iPad Air 3, as well as the latest iPad Pro with the A12X. Until now, if you want to jailbreak devices running iOS 12 the best and free option is Unc0ver, but this jailbreak tool have no support for the latest iPhone and iPad.
Chimera jailbreak comes almost two months after the monopoly of Unc0ver. However, Chimera has an undeniable advantage: Sileo.
Sileo is a modern alternative to Cydia and offers the same or more features, including the installation of tweaks. Created by Coolstar, a very well known name in the business, Sileo is not a tool made in a hurry.
Get Started with Chimera and Jailbreak iOS 12.0 / iOS 12.1.2
Chimera supports all iPhone, iPad and iPod running iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2.
Before starting the jailbreak you must:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using USB cable and open Cydia Impactor. It should automatically detect your device.
- Drag the Chimera IPA file to the Cydia Impactor, and then enter a valid Apple ID with its password. Cydia Impactor will do the rest by installing the Chimera app on your device.
- When the installation is complete, go to Settings> General> Profiles and Device Management. Then find the profile associated with this installation and trust the configuration profile.
- Exit the Settings and launch the Chimera app by simply clicking on the icon.
- Now, press the Jailbreak button in the middle of the screen to continue the jailbreak process. Once Chimera has finished, it will ask you to confirm and restart your device.
Chimera will follow his process and warn you if the jailbreak has succeeded. Then you should notice that the Sileo package manager is installed on your home screen. If it does not appear then just restart your device and reinstall Chimera until it appears.
And voila, you should be the proud owner of an iPhone or iPad jailbroken under iOS 12.0 / 12.1.2 with full access to tweaks using Sileo.