A free jailbreak is now available to all iPad versions running iOS 7.0 - 7.0.6, thanks to the evasiOn7 jailbreaking tool. What this means is that they can install Cydia on their terminals and modify and tweak it as they please. The new iOS 7 jailbreak supports all iPad models, including the original iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina Display, the iPad Air, and the iPads 4, 3, and 2.
This jailbreak supports all publicly released versions of iOS 7, and this includes the iOS 7.0.6 thru iOS 7.0. In this brief tutorial we will explain how to untethered jailbreak your iPad Mini or iPad using the evasiOn7 tool iOS 7 or above.
Let's Get Ready to Jailbreak Your iPad
The very first thing to do is turn off the passcode on the iPad. You do this by tapping the gray Settings icon, then go to General, followed by Passcode Lock. Ensure that it's actually off.
This would be the perfect time to back-up your iPad. Using the tablet's cable, connect it via USB to your PC or Mac. Open iTunes: this should be an automatic process where any new purchases are backed up and transferred. If something should go wrong, either during the jailbreak or anytime afterward, you can download a fresh install of iOS 7 from iTunes, and then restore you data and apps from this backup.
Now it's time to go to the jailbreak developer's site and download the specific version for you PC or Mac. You'll be able to download the jailbreak file once you've been directed to the third-party file-sharing site.
Start Jailbreaking iOS 7.0 - 7.0.6
- Extract the EvasiOn7 file once you've downloaded EvasiOn7 kit. Now run 'EvasiOn7' from the extracted folder. Windows users will receive a warning. Click 'More Info' on Windows 8 and click on 'Run Anyway' button. Mac users do the same.
- Connect your computer to the iPad using the USB cable once EvasiOn7 is running. Click on the jailbreak button when it's been detected.
- EvasiOn7 will start working on the jailbreak and you'll see the status on your screen. Your iPad will reboot several time during this step.
- EvasiOn7 will ask you to unlock your device after a few minutes and tap on the EvasiOn icon on the homescreen.
- You will see the following screen after you've tapped on the EvasiOn7 icon on your iPad.
- EvasiOn7 will then ask you to unlock your iPad once again, so do this.
Next Step: Update Cydia
Now you need to look for the Cydia icon on the homescreen of your device. In case you're not sure what this means, Cydia is a jailbreak app store where you'll have access to your new tweaks and apps.
The screen will go black when you first open Cydia while the file system is being prepared.
Once this has finished, open Cydia once again. Now you'll be asked what type of user you are. Because you're reading this tutorial, the chances are you will want to select 'User'.
And that's all there is to it. Your iPad is completely jailbroken, Cydia is locked and loaded, and you’re ready to go.