Just a few minutes ago Cydia founder, Jay Freeman aka Saurik, announced on Facebook that a new Cydia 1.1.10 update was released for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. A new Cydia with a smooth reorganized interface, with less bugs, a new icon for iOS 7, translation in multiple languages and much, much more.
Basic Overview of the Cydia Updates
- Cydia 1.1.10 now has a separate button in the tab bar for Sources, replacing the Sections tab.
- Now we can view detailed information by categories for each of our sources, the discovery of useful packages being much, much simplified by Saurik.
- In terms of installed packages, the new Cydia version now gives us the option to see what packages we installed and also the date on which they were installed.
- Cydia now has a new category called Recent that allows us to visualize newly installed packages, easier to diagnose various problems.
- Cydia now supports international keyboards for each iOS version.
To update, simply open Cydia and let it refresh. You should get a prompt asking you to update to the latest version. If not, select the Changes tab, then tap the Upgrade button at the top right.
Update Cydia 1.1.12
Cydia 1.1.12 has been released and available for installation, this version resolving almost all bugs reported by users who have installed Cydia (v1.1.10).
- Fix broken permissions caused by "stashing" regression, fixing "empty" WinterBoard, Activator, and more.
- Fix the black-on-black status bar text color issue in Cydia on iOS 7.
- More German localization fixes.
- Use old iPad Retina icon on iOS 6.
Cydia Installer 1.1.12 fixes (again) the status bar text color issue (a different one ;P) and the "WinterBoard/Activator is empty" issue :(.
— Jay Freeman (saurik) (@saurik) June 13, 2014